Beatles song you h8 the most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatles song you h8 the most

For me, it has to be Help! I had a friend who was a rabid Beatles fanboi (something I could never understand ) and when he bought the album Help! , he played that one song over and over again.

i wasn’t too crazy about that song to begin with, but he made me very sick of it.

Now it’s on some commercial on the TV

looove loove me do

Comment

"Don't Pass Me By" hasn't aged particularly well, IMO

Comment

Most everything before Rubber Soul, except the singles.

Comment

75% of songs with Ringo on vocals are especially putrid.

And Revolution # 9, who the hell wants to hear two stoned weirdos mess with a tape recorder.

Comment

They just showed that damn commercial, I think they play the whole damn song on it.

Comment

The only one I absolutely, resolutely, and forever have hated is "Mr. Moonlight". I hated it when it was new. I hate it still.

Comment

• bluzboy
                bluzboy commented
                Editing a comment
                A lot of people hate this song.

TBH, I've never understood why.

• HAMMER TOSS
                HAMMER TOSS commented
                Editing a comment
                I think because it tries too hard to be "ethnic"

Yellow submarine

Comment

I have quite a few favorite Beatles tunes, tho.

All of Abbey Road, I think.
                A lot of tunes off of the white album, like Yer Blues and Helter Skelter.
                And a lot of tunes off of Let it Be, including the title tune.

i liked the Beatles after the white album.

Comment

The first song of the Beatles I liked was Twist and Shout. I didn’t really like I Wanna Hold Your Hand or I Saw Her Standing There.
                  Last edited by HumBuzzingStatic; 04-04-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol Flynn View Post
                    75% of songs with Ringo on vocals are especially putrid.

And Revolution # 9, who the hell wants to hear two stoned weirdos mess with a tape recorder.
                    I like Boys

Comment

Originally posted by HalfBakedSteeb View Post
                      The first song of the Beatles I liked was Twist and Shout. I didn’t really like I Wanna Hold Your Hand or I Saw Her Standing There.
                      Curious...Twist and Shout was the one that got me interested..But the guitars in I wanna hold your hand sounded unlike any other guitars I'd heard to that point.

My favorite guitar solo on their Pre-Pepper days is the one on "You Can't Do That"...I thought for 40 years it was George playing that. It wasn't. Thanks to YouTube and some old concert footage, there was John playing the solo, note for note. I still think it's killer. It was on that 3 pickup Rick, so while the tone is thin, it still fucking rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

Curious...Twist and Shout was the one that got me interested..But the guitars in I wanna hold your hand sounded unlike any other guitars I'd heard to that point.

My favorite guitar solo on their Pre-Pepper days is the one on "You Can't Do That"...I thought for 40 years it was George playing that. It wasn't. Thanks to YouTube and some old concert footage, there was John playing the solo, note for note. I still think it's killer. It was on that 3 pickup Rick, so while the tone is thin, it still fucking rocks.
                        Yeah, John is probably my favorite Beatle, with Paul being a close second.

i really like Paul’s, George’s and John’s lead playing on The End from Abbey Road.

i didn’t know John played the solo on You Can’t Do That, either, thanks for the info, Joe.

What I liked about their version of Twist and Shout was that it really rocked.

Comment

I liked John and Paul’s solo stuff after the Beatles, too. I especially liked the Plastic Ono Band.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfBakedSteeb View Post
                            I liked John and Paul’s solo stuff after the Beatles, too. I especially liked the Plastic Ono Band.
                            I thought Macca's first solo effort was the Bomb. The fact that he did it all himself was even more amazing. "Ram" was an amazing sophomore follow up. I thought John's solo work was more uneven however. John was always the more sensitive of the two. He was dealing with a rash of abandonment and other issues. John suffered a lot more than Macca did, personally. Yoko simply added to his artistic confusion, while adding a bit of pseudo stability to his Non-Musical existence. He was happy with her in the long run though. She diluted what he might have become musically though, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X