Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set list or general genre of music that you play live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
    Whippin post
    One Way out.

That's 3 hours right there.
    Hey...Throw in "You don't love me" and you'll be ordering breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

Hell you have a wide pallette as well man! Another might I'd consider well spent diggin' what your band puts down.....The only Jimi songs i got close on were Manic and Voodoo. Haze is one that the nuances always seemed to escape me. Funny isn't it? It's really a simple song...But capturing his essence on it is fucking hard...Would love hearing your jam on it....
      Luckily, when I was 14, a neighbor was moving away and gave me a high quality reel to reel tape machine with a thigh high supply of reel to reel tape. You could slow it down to half speed, so every note was lowered an active lower.
      I was able to play songs verbatim .... What a valuable learning tool.
      12 years ago, my wife got me a Tascam GTR CD 2 phrase trainer, you drop in a CD and you can slow down the song, without changing the pitch 50% and if you get a momentary latching foot switch, you can set it to go back 5 seconds.
      It has built in effects ( the digital distortion, is weak) that are okay. You can set up one side of you playing on the right side and the CD music will play on the left side.
      Get one, it will unlock all the mysteries of any Master Guitar God and next thing you know, you're playing it verbatim !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

Luckily, when I was 14, a neighbor was moving away and gave me a high quality reel to reel tape machine with a thigh high supply of reel to reel tape. You could slow it down to half speed, so every note was lowered an active lower.
        I was able to play songs verbatim .... What a valuable learning tool.
        12 years ago, my wife got me a Tascam GTR CD 2 phrase trainer, you drop in a CD and you can slow down the song, without changing the pitch 50% and if you get a momentary latching foot switch, you can set it to go back 5 seconds.
        It has built in effects ( the digital distortion, is weak) that are okay. You can set up one side of you playing on the right side and the CD music will play on the left side.
        Get one, it will unlock all the mysteries of any Master Guitar God and next thing you know, you're playing it verbatim !!!!
        That's some cool insight Bro. At 67, and with a serious health issue ahead of me, I think further attempts at aping my heroes is a back burner type thing for me. I'm thinking more along the lines of trying to find my own voice, and recording some things, however inconsequential they are, and leaving some weak footprint for a audience that will probably reach no further than my family and friends. Just some meager footnotes for the small group of same that may give them and offhand listen.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

That's some cool insight Bro. At 67, and with a serious health issue ahead of me, I think further attempts at aping my heroes is a back burner type thing for me. I'm thinking more along the lines of trying to find my own voice, and recording some things, however inconsequential they are, and leaving some weak footprint for a audience that will probably reach no further than my family and friends. Just some meager footnotes for the small group of same that may give them and offhand listen.
          That phrase trainer, is great jam along device too.
          Heck, one day I played along with the Stones with it .... The next, Rush .... To me, it's a play time music tool too !!!!

Get well soon man !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

That phrase trainer, is great jam along device too.
            Heck, one day I played along with the Stones with it .... The next, Rush .... To me, it's a play time music tool too !!!!

Get well soon man !!!!
            I intend to beat this thing AJ, I only hope my ardor is up to it. I'm Texan, so it's a fight, all in.
            Thanks for the positive reinforcement!

Comment

Depending on the gig, I do everything from old jazz standards to modern electronic dance. I also do classic rock, r&b, metal, country, pop, whatever the gig calls for.

One night I did an early jazz standards gig for an older crowd, then then had to hightail it across town to do a late-night solo electronica show for a bunch of college kids.

The jazz thing, I've been pleased about lately because I found a core, dependable group of 20-something music student graduate types who already do session work and play VERY well. These guys can just show up and swing it to charts with little-to-no rehearsal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffy View Post
                Depending on the gig, I do everything from old jazz standards to modern electronic dance. I also do classic rock, r&b, metal, country, pop, whatever the gig calls for.

One night I did an early jazz standards gig for an older crowd, then then had to hightail it across town to do a late-night solo electronica show for a bunch of college kids.

The jazz thing, I've been pleased about lately because I found a core, dependable group of 20-something music student graduate types who already do session work and play VERY well. These guys can just show up and swing it to charts with little-to-no rehearsal.
                Sounds like a busy, happy musical life!
                Kudos!

Comment

I've been jamming with some folks doing 40's and 50's (and some 60's) blues. Etta James. Billy Holiday, Muddy, BB, Albert, Freddie, Mavis Staples, t-bone, John Lee Hooker...

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
                    I've been jamming with some folks doing 40's and 50's (and some 60's) blues. Etta James. Billy Holiday, Muddy, BB, Albert, Freddie, Mavis Staples, t-bone, John Lee Hooker...

You must have some pretty decent vocalists to pull off Etta, Billie, BB, Muddy and Mavis.

Comment

I'm just a hired gun. Whatever they want me to play. Currently work with a blues band, a yacht rock band, a classic rock/new country band, and an eclectic wedding band. All are pretty good bands, and good payers.

Comment

I just put together a new set of techno and house for a NYE party Im playing. Heres a 30min sample.

https://soundcloud.com/djspacepussy/nova-swingset

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                          AJ6stringsting commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cool ..... Keep at it .... Who knows, you could one day become a known producer.

DJ space pussy

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post
                          I'm just a hired gun. Whatever they want me to play. Currently work with a blues band, a yacht rock band, a classic rock/new country band, and an eclectic wedding band. All are pretty good bands, and good payers.
                          I miss being a hired gun, just learn the covers and originals .... The other responsibilities are only that of the band leader.
                          Being a hired gun is a humbling and great learning experience.

Comment

You douchebags wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_666 View Post
                              You douchebags wouldn't believe me if I told you.
                              Please do tell !!!!!
                              Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 01-02-2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X