Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shed a tear when BB King died

True story
    Everyone talked about his playing, of course, but that voice.
    You could feel how bad he hurt when he saw that new Cadillac in his driveway when his wife was supposed to be home alone. You felt like it was three o'clock in the mornin' and he can't even close his eyes.
    35 years ago I wanted to sound like Warren DiMartini, now I want to sound like BB.

Originally posted by The ghost of steebo View Post
    True story
    You could feel how bad he hurt when he saw that new Cadillac in his driveway when his wife was supposed to be home alone. You felt like it was three o'clock in the mornin' and he can't even close his eyes.
    35 years ago I wanted to sound like Warren DiMartini, now I want to sound like BB.

Comment

Originally posted by The ghost of steebo View Post
      True story
      You'll have to settle for being as fat as him.

Comment

I didn't shed a tear. He was one of the great bluesmen of all time. He lived his life doing what he loved, and he lived a long time. I got to see him once, back in the late 60's. He influenced 10's of thousands of guitar players. He left a lasting legacy of music and musical philosophy.
        He probably didn't have to pay for an amp or a guitar after about '68.
        The pain he had in his personal life was probably no less or more than it is in any of our lives.
        I was sad when I heard he'd gone, but his life was a triumph, not a tragedy.

Comment

Much respect. Not a big fan of his tbh. I know I'm supposed to be since I like the blues and all. But he just doesn't usually move me that much. Maybe sometimes a little.

Comment

I hate that I never got to see him live. But then again I hate many things

I loved his tone. Dude only played one note at a time, but made it count.
            THE CRUNCHYTOWN HERALD
            A poor but honest blog

Comment

I shook his hand after a show in Reading PA in 2002.
              It was like an old catcher's mitt

Comment

Originally posted by The ghost of Steebo View Post
                Do you still wan't to be like Bill Cosby?

Comment

Working...
                X