Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBE Sonic Maximizers and HUSH units in amp effects loop ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBE Sonic Maximizers and HUSH units in amp effects loop ...

No matter what amp you have or it's price ( cheap or expensive ), put a Sonic Maximizer with a HUSH type noise reduction unit in the effects loop. Set the noise reduction unit to shut off the signal/ clean the sound and the Sonic Maximizer will phase align the trebble, upper mids and bass frequencies.... That way the sound will not be muddy or shrill infested.
    If you can't afford a BBE Sonic Maximizer, get the pedal called , the Stomp Sonic, it will deliver what the rack unit delivers. BBE's 362, is good economical alternative, or you can get older used 462's for cheap all day long on eBay or Reverb.
    Behringer also has a Sonic Maximizer, that has an extra knob to control the mids and does what a BBE can do and a little, at even a lower price.

HUSH / Rockron or any Noise Reduction Unit can be set to shut off the signal when you stop playing. If you use a booster. Hit the booster, hit a sweet spot sustaing note on the fretboard and adjust the Noise Reduction Unit to close slightly after the note died out.

If / when you plug in a Sonic Maximizer and a Noise Reduction Unit .... Set the controls at 12 o'clock, reduce or increase the processing to your liking.

why would you want to use one of those things?

Comment

I thought about trying a Sonic Max in my chain just for shits and giggles to see what it would sound like. I had one back in the early 90's in a rack setup. I think it's supposed to go at the end of the chain, which would mean I would need stereo in/out.

Comment

I run channel 1 of my BBE and a HUSH noise reduction unit in the input of my amp and channel 2 goes into the amp's effects loop.

I have a Stomp Sonic ,w/ Hush Pedal in my effects loop of my old DigiTech RP-1 multi effects floor unit .
        No noise from effects loops, pedalboard or from the amp .... Plus having a VHT Valvulator 1 as the 1st thing my guitar plugs into and the last in my pedalboard and a Monster 2500 Power Conditioner = great studio quality sounds on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by mooger View Post
          why would you want to use one of those things?
          exactly.

I'm sure it's a total piece of shit too. I saved 99 bucks by not having one.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
            I run channel 1 of my BBE and a HUSH noise reduction unit in the input of my amp and channel 2 goes into the amp's effects loop.

I have a Stomp Sonic ,w/ Hush Pedal in my effects loop of my old DigiTech RP-1 multi effects floor unit .
            No noise from effects loops, pedalboard or from the amp .... Plus having a VHT Valvulator 1 as the 1st thing my guitar plugs into and the last in my pedalboard and a Monster 2500 Power Conditioner = great studio quality sounds on stage.

Another piece of shit gear.
            And yet another and another.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddin Tane View Post

Another piece of shit gear.
              And yet another and another.

I get compliments on my tone and I simply kick ass live on stage .... Got great musicians to play with ....
              You .... Bedroom or Living Room guitarist ?

Comment

I’ve still gots bbe sonic maximiser. I only used it after I had a track down though. My fav use was on the overall mix.

Never considered using in the signal chain though.

Comment

I got tired of him, one day, so I put a HUSH Rockron noise reduction unit in my amp's effects loop and then a BBE 462 to get my signal phased properly .... It made my stage rig immaculate and authoritive.

Comment

Working...
                  X