Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best high gain head I can get used ~ $700 - $800?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best high gain head I can get used ~ $700 - $800?

    I had a Marshall, - ok, it was a 900 though so... never fell in love with it

    I had a Soldano HR 50 which I loved, but those prices seem out of control now.

    Had a Budda Superdrive 30 which I remember I liked.

    And a Laney Pro tube lead - nice clean, but just so so drive I thought.

    Never played an Orange, I'm thinking about that.

    Any suggestions?

    #2
    metalzone
    THE CRUNCHYTOWN HERALD
    A poor but honest blog

    Comment


      #3
      you can add marshall and vox to a fender, but you can’t add fender to a marshall or vox

      Comment


        #4
        I played a Blackstar head and cab and it sounded good. It was middle of the road good but I was able to dial in something cool really quickly.

        Comment


          #5

          Comment


            #6
            Just get a Line6 and be done with it.

            Comment


              #7
              Go try a DSL50 and see what it does for you.
              HBS Gear Threads R The Best Threads...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Straight Fire View Post
                Go try a DSL50 and see what it does for you.
                Not a bad idea

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post

                  Not a bad idea
                  Also try Jet City amps if you like Soldano but don't want to pay all the crazy prices.
                  HBS Gear Threads R The Best Threads...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Straight Fire View Post

                    Also try Jet City amps if you like Soldano but don't want to pay all the crazy prices.
                    This!

                    Comment


                      #11

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Line6 should be your top pick. Very versatile.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post
                          I had a Marshall, - ok, it was a 900 though so... never fell in love with it

                          I had a Soldano HR 50 which I loved, but those prices seem out of control now.

                          Had a Budda Superdrive 30 which I remember I liked.

                          And a Laney Pro tube lead - nice clean, but just so so drive I thought.

                          Never played an Orange, I'm thinking about that.

                          Any suggestions?
                          Yea, tell badger his services are overpriced.

                          sorry I was just responding to the title of this thread.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by JiveJust View Post
                            I played a Blackstar head and cab and it sounded good. It was middle of the road good but I was able to dial in something cool really quickly.

                            Right. The you take it home and dial it in exactly right. If that doesn't work then retube and or respeaker. It's kinda of like a Rivera that can do metal.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I mean kinda as in el34s vs 6v6

                              Umm...

                              Almost full circle

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X