Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I came up with a cool idea today for a spring break trip for just mort jr and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I came up with a cool idea today for a spring break trip for just mort jr and I

A video arcade tour of florida. Spend about 4 days travelling and visiting as many arcades as we can. We haven't routed it out yet but a possible plan would be to hit Daytona, St Augustine, Jacksonville, Tallahasse, Gainesville, Tampa/Clearwater, back through Orlando and back to home.

The other route would be to run south. Start in Daytona then hit Melbourne, West Palm Beach, Miami, maybe somewhere in the keys if it's not too far out, then cut up through Naples, Ft Myers, Sarasota, Tampa/Clearwater and then back through Orlando and home.

We can camp at various grounds along the way as he loves camping.

Arcades have been on a come back for a while now and many of them have a good mix of old games, new games, air hockey type stuff and VR.

I'm pretty stoked just thinking about it

Cool idea, great way to bond with your kid.

Comment

Originally posted by mort View Post
      A video arcade tour of florida. Spend about 4 days travelling and visiting as many arcades as we can. We haven't routed it out yet but a possible plan would be to hit Daytona, St Augustine, Jacksonville, Tallahasse, Gainesville, Tampa/Clearwater, back through Orlando and back to home.

The other route would be to run south. Start in Daytona then hit Melbourne, West Palm Beach, Miami, maybe somewhere in the keys if it's not too far out, then cut up through Naples, Ft Myers, Sarasota, Tampa/Clearwater and then back through Orlando and home.

We can camp at various grounds along the way as he loves camping.

Arcades have been on a come back for a while now and many of them have a good mix of old games, new games, air hockey type stuff and VR.

I'm pretty stoked just thinking about it
      Seems like a better idea than hanging your kids and having sex with your dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Holodeck View Post

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good idea, especially the part where you leave the bag at home, she'd just botch things up anyways.
          Men need to be men

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
            Men need to be men

in video arcades?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbenator View Post

in video arcades?
              Just hanging out without the interjection of some stupid woman they are clearly trying to not take along for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Holodeck View Post

YMMV

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good idea, especially the part where you leave the bag at home, she'd just botch things up anyways.
                  Men need to be men
                  the bag,,,,,

Comment

That seems like a great idea Mort.

Comment

Just hanging out without the interjection of some stupid woman they are clearly trying to not take along for obvious reasons.
                      haha it's funny how you project... but this whole trip idea started from another place.

Originally Spring Break was going to be his 8th grade trip to DC. After some thought on the matter he decided on his own that he didn't want to do the DC trip because he didn't want to have to march lock step into a preplanned trip that he had no control over for an entire week. He's the kind of person that needs to be able to step out of the structure periodically and then step back into it. That doesn't really work so well with 100 kids being chaperoned several states away for an entire week. He's smart. He knows himself. So I told him that I respected his decision not to go and thought it was very wise to not put himself in a position where he knew he might not enjoy to the fullest and that I'd make sure he could do something really cool for spring break, just he and I. The trip is about him but somebody's gotta take him, doesn't matter whether it's me or the wife. But since I get really busy with work in the summer it's a good opportunity for me to take time off.

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade Commander View Post

the bag,,,,,
                        Derogatory slang for a female

Comment

haha it's funny how you project... but this whole trip idea started from another place.

Originally Spring Break was going to be his 8th grade trip to DC. After some thought on the matter he decided on his own that he didn't want to do the DC trip because he didn't want to have to march lock step into a preplanned trip that he had no control over for an entire week. He's the kind of person that needs to be able to step out of the structure periodically and then step back into it. That doesn't really work so well with 100 kids being chaperoned several states away for an entire week. He's smart. He knows himself. So I told him that I respected his decision not to go and thought it was very wise to not put himself in a position where he knew he might not enjoy to the fullest and that I'd make sure he could do something really cool for spring break, just he and I. The trip is about him but somebody's gotta take him, doesn't matter whether it's me or the wife. But since I get really busy with work in the summer it's a good opportunity for me to take time off.
                          It does matter that it's you and not the wife

Comment

It does matter that it's you and not the wife
                            Are you correcting me about my own life?

Comment

Are you correcting me about my own life?

Am i?

I see no correction being made.

Comment

Working...
                              X