Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever cleaned up an entire gallon jug of liquid laundry detergent that's been spilled on the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever cleaned up an entire gallon jug of liquid laundry detergent that's been spilled on the floor?

I can now say I have.

nope, but I did save 15% on my car insurance

Comment

I hope you were able to salvage some for use

Comment

how long did it take you .. I suspect a considerable amount of time (I have had the same misfortune)

Comment

Originally posted by mooger View Post
          I hope you were able to salvage some for use
          Nope.

It had spread far and wide by the time I found out about it.

Comment

Bummer

Comment

Reminds me of this story. I was fascinated by it when first learning of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.his...-flood-of-1919

Comment

Not laundry detergent...... apple juice

Comment

How many times did you have to mop/wipe it down before it was gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Steebo View Post
                    Not laundry detergent...... apple juice
                    I'd trade you any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by lagger View Post
                      how long did it take you .. I suspect a considerable amount of time (I have had the same misfortune)
                      About two and a half hours.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
                        How many times did you have to mop/wipe it down before it was gone?
                        First I mopped up what I could with a towel, which I threw away, and threw away the door mat that had been soaked with it.

Then I dumped cat litter on it to soak up what remained standing, and scooped up the cat litter.

That left a slick film.

So I dumped vinegar on the remaining film and repeatedly wiped it up with rags which I rinsed out repeatedly, probably at least five times.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Holodeck View Post

First I mopped up what I could with a towel, which I threw away.

Then I dumped cat litter on it to soak up what remained standing, and scooped up the cat litter.

That left a slick film.

So I dumped vinegar on the remaining film and repeatedly wiped it up with rags which I rinsed out repeatedly, probably at least five times.
                          I was wondering what methodology you'd used. That stuff is viscous.

My washer & drier are in the unheated garage, so the "liquid" detergent becomes more like a semi-solid; takes forever to get enough poured to do a load in the winter.

Comment

It was fun because it got under the washer, so I got to pull that out too and clean up the gooey mixture of laundry detergent, dirt, and pet fur.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post

I was wondering what methodology you'd used. That stuff is viscous.

My washer & drier are in the unheated garage, so the "liquid" detergent becomes more like a semi-solid; takes forever to get enough poured to do a load in the winter.
                              Yea, it's not only thick, but very concentrated, so it takes gallons of water to dissolve a quarter cup of it.

You get it wet and basically it just becomes extremely slippery and just spreads out further.

The vinegar did seem to help break it up better than water.

I dumped about 3/4 gallon of white vinegar on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X