Pigger I’m thinking of selling my mini moog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mooger View Post

When they first came out they have a clone of the moog ladder filter. This provided both filter types
    Ah, best of both worlds then. As osc is an osc to some degree, IMO, the filter has a much greater effect on the final timbre.

On my ARPs (had an Omni-II as well), the caps for the sliders broke off very easily.

Comment

I should be able to get over 5 grand for my mini. It was restored to as close to factory as you can make a 40 year old synth by Kevin Lightner - synthfool -who’s daid now - it took over a year. He did a fantastic job on it. The restore cost more that it did to begin with
      Nice, must be a blast to play! Kevin was a legend.

I had $5k set aside for a flagship polysynth this winter, but nothing came up at NAMM that met my needs. I'll stick with my OB-6/Pro 2 combo for now, in my EM rig.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post

This is why I have over 60 synths.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

I passed on a bunch more gear 2 days ago on CL; ad went down within 2 hours of being posted. Fantastic deals, but I just don't need any more gear, nor have room for it.

Comment

I passed on a bunch more gear 2 days ago on CL; ad went down within 2 hours of being posted. Fantastic deals, but I just don't need any more gear, nor have room for it.
            Quite a problem to have. Wish I had all the stuff I sold back, with a couple of exceptions.

Comment

mooger, life is short; get what you want & enjoy it while you can, IMO. I dunno about you, but I have no plans to leave much to my kids aside from the house. We're in the last decades of our lives; have as good a time as possible.

Comment

I should be able to get over 5 grand for my mini.
                Then replace it with the Behringer Boog.

Comment

Nice, must be a blast to play! Kevin was a legend.

I had $5k set aside for a flagship polysynth this winter, but nothing came up at NAMM that met my needs. I'll stick with my OB-6/Pro 2 combo for now, in my EM rig.
                  Moog one

Comment

Moog one
                    I looked long and hard at that; the issues were a bit off-putting, as was the price & weight. Moog also has a bad history with their poly synths. I love my Little Phatty and my mother-32s, but I'm looking for something to use in my EM rig.

Comment

Your mom's a mandolin!
                      That's absurd. Your face is a mandolin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post

That's absurd. Your face is a mandolin.
                        A badly wrinkled one at that.

Comment

mooger, life is short; get what you want & enjoy it while you can, IMO. I dunno about you, but I have no plans to leave much to my kids aside from the house. We're in the last decades of our lives; have as good a time as possible.
                          I just had that conversation with the wife the other day - I got some boxes from Sweetwater. She asked what that stuff was and why am I buying more stuff. I said I’m gonna have what I need to do my thing. Life’s to short to not have the things you want and need

Comment

I just had that conversation with the wife the other day - I got some boxes from Sweetwater. She asked what that stuff was and why am I buying more stuff. I said I’m gonna have what I need to do my thing. Life’s to short to not have the things you want and need
                            You're old enough to remember the phrase "If it feels good, do it!". An abbreviated version of what we've been discussing. I'm glad you're going for it.

Comment

are you BUILDING A MUSEUM MOTHREFUCKRE
                              THE CRUNCHYTOWN HERALD
                              A poor but honest blog

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5d67e63e06b17.image.jpg?crop=1147%2C1224%2C0%2C0&resize=500%2C534&order=crop%2Cresize.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	270305

evil

Comment

Working...
                                X