Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i *might* be getting together with some folks on SAT 01 FEB

I've met the drummer ONCE

never met the singer. the singer and drummer were in a recently dissolved cover band together. they've worked up 300 or so songs.

the singer is renting a rehearsal room for 3 hours that day. why? because the drummer and singer want to "audition" 2 bass players.

the drummer texted me and the 2 bass players a set list of 40 songs. I call the drummer and tell him I don't know half these songs (don't know them because they SUCK) and have no intention of learning that many songs in a week. I suggest three songs. one slow, one medium, and one fast. I called the three songs. not heard back.

A. do I text the drummer and decline this situation altogether?

B. do I go for the 3 hours and enjoy playing and watching the shit show?

hmmmmm…………………….

Go in and play atonal scales over every song, whole note scale is where I’d be starting, then the altered scale also play bitonal.

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade Commander View Post
      Go in and play atonal scales over every song, whole note scale is where I’d be starting, then the altered scale also play bitonal.
      And wear a pair of pajamas and put on some eye liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post

And wear a pair of pajamas and put on some eye liner.
        Naked would be cooler tbh.

Comment

too bad you already soiled your leather pants this week....

Comment

the drummer texted the rehearsal room's address last week. no problem.

then he texts me and asks if he can quote me a price on insurance (he sells insurance).

Comment

Originally posted by CAD View Post
              the drummer texted the rehearsal room's address last week. no problem.

then he texts me and asks if he can quote me a price on insurance (he sells insurance).

Ask him how much is it to insure your fuck?

Comment

Play with your thumb, slapping like a bass player in a 70s funk band

Comment

Ask him how much is it to insure your fuck?

Comment

Back in the early-90's, I had the drummer of a local band call me one time at about 6 a.m., which should have been a red-flag right there. He said they had a gig that night and their guitar player had been in a fight the night before and broke his hand. Asked if I could learn an abbreviated set of their tunes and play it that night. Like an idiot, I agreed and they ran-over a cassette tape of their live set which was as you can imagine, clipping like mad, and hard as hell to tell what was going-on. We played the set, and a girl who was into their band came-up afterward and said that it was the best version of one of the tunes that she'd heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Laika View Post
                    Back in the early-90's, I had the drummer of a local band call me one time at about 6 a.m., which should have been a red-flag right there. He said they had a gig that night and their guitar player had been in a fight the night before and broke his hand. Asked if I could learn an abbreviated set of their tunes and play it that night. Like an idiot, I agreed and they ran-over a cassette tape of their live set which was as you can imagine, clipping like mad, and hard as hell to tell what was going-on. We played the set, and a girl who was into their band came-up afterward and said that it was the best version of one of the tunes that she'd heard.

was the girl Helen Keller?

Comment

Originally posted by CAD View Post

was the girl Helen Keller?

I think she died long before this gig.

May have been Marlee Matlin.

Comment

Sweep arpeggios. Nothing but sweep arpeggios

Comment

Naked would be cooler tbh.
                          This! Plus, pics for HBS!