Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My black foster dog had to have her stomach cut open and spend the night at the vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My black foster dog had to have her stomach cut open and spend the night at the vet

She has a bad habit of eating inedible objects. She was acting strangely, just really listless and sick.It was pitiful. So she had to go to the vet. She threw up an entire sock, and they took an x-ray and she had some kind of a belt and a load of cat litter, and string and other debris in her stomach. So they popped her belly open and cleaned her out. That's a $700.00 procedure, but no not my responsibility.

Now she acts like nothing happened but she has to wear the big plastic collar for a week or two to keep her from gnawing at the staples in her tummy. Now she's trying to run around and play with the other dogs which she shouldn't be doing but I gave her some strong meds. She'll be zonked out soon.

Originally posted by Dr Zyges View Post
    She has a bad habit of eating inedible objects. She was acting strangely, just really listless and sick.It was pitiful. So she had to go to the vet. She threw up an entire sock, and they took an x-ray and she had some kind of a belt and a load of cat litter, and string and other debris in her stomach. So they popped her belly open and cleaned her out. That's a $700.00 procedure, but no not my responsibility.

Now she acts like nothing happened but she has to wear the big plastic collar for a week or two to keep her from gnawing at the staples in her tummy. Now she's trying to run around and play with the other dogs which she shouldn't be doing but I gave her some strong meds. She'll be zonked out soon.
    Don't Bill Cosby the poor dog. It's been through enough

Comment

remind me never to let you pet sit.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

Don't Bill Cosby the poor dog. It's been through enough
        he'll have his way with her any time now....

Comment

Why is all that crap laying around for the dog to find & eat?

Comment

The word “tummy” is a word for children. Grow the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post
              Why is all that crap laying around for the dog to find & eat?
              Not lying around. There was a barrier to my landlady's room upstairs, and she fell asleep down in the den on the first floor and the dog went upstairs and broke through the barrier and got into the cat litter and that other stuff. The dog really is kind of incorrigible and crazy. She's always tearing up something or getting into something. She's not allowed allowed in my room anymore because she chewed multiple holes in the bedspread and the bathroom floor mat. If you turn your back on her for a minute she'll fuck something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Knobs View Post
                remind me never to let you pet sit.
                Like I said wasn't on my watch that she got into trouble. I'm not usually watching her in the evening after Miss Thang gets home. But the dog was sick as hell the morning after she ate all that crap. It scared me because it was about 20 degrees outside and I let her out to pee, and instead of coming right back like she normally would she went and sat way under this big magnolia tree in the backyard and wouldn't come out. She looked so pitiful, I thought "omg she's going out there to die or something". I had to get the leash and force her to come back inside. And then she went to the vet soon after that, after we observed her for a little while longer.

Comment

Needs a full-time head-cone, prolly.

Comment

The dog as well.

Comment

Needs a full-time head-cone, prolly.
                      Oh yeah, she'll have to wear that until the staples come out. Surprisingly she's seems completely normal now. She's a super sweet dog, I love her, but like I said she can get into a lot of trouble.

Comment

The cone of shame.

Comment

Oh yeah, she'll have to wear that until the staples come out. Surprisingly she's seems completely normal now. She's a super sweet dog, I love her, but like I said she can get into a lot of trouble.
                          Just leave it on her; she won't be able to eat everything in sight then.

A dog like that will kill itself sooner or later.

Comment

Just leave it on her; she won't be able to eat everything in sight then.

A dog like that will kill itself sooner or later.
                            You might be right. There seems to be something wrong with her metabolism. Whenever I feed her, and she gets plenty she scarfs it down super fast and would try to eat the other dog's food if not separated from them while eating. Insatiable appetite and I think that's why she's trying to eat all these inedible things. She's hungry. I might try just feeding her the meat dog food without the other stuff and see if that helps assuage her appetite.

But she's a really good girl pegro. Sometimes she'll just come and sit her head in my lap and almost purr like a kitten when I pet her and she always listens to my commands.

Comment

You might be right. There seems to be something wrong with her metabolism. Whenever I feed her, and she gets plenty she scarfs it down super fast and would try to eat the other dog's food if not separated from them while eating. Insatiable appetite and I think that's why she's trying to eat all these inedible things. She's hungry. I might try just feeding her the meat dog food without the other stuff and see if that helps assuage her appetite.

But she's a really good girl pegro. Sometimes she'll just come and sit her head in my lap and almost purr like a kitten when I pet her and she always listens to my commands.

Comment

Working...
                              X