Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey mort

Is it raining iguanas down there?

I saw an article discussing the effects of the freeze, or near freeze, and it mentioned that iguanas were dropping out of the trees all over. Seems like it might be a bit weird to have one fall on you.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post
      Is it raining iguanas down there?

I saw an article discussing the effects of the freeze, or near freeze, and it mentioned that iguanas were dropping out of the trees all over. Seems like it might be a bit weird to have one fall on you.
      They fall out of the trees all the time when they're sleeping.

When I was in Palmas Del Mar chilling with my homie poolside in his backyard I heard a thump. Eric told me to just listen and you'll hear Iguanas falling all the time and I did!

Comment

You could record that thump & use it as a bass drum, maybe; a little processing, perhaps.

"Falling Iguanas" might be a decent name for an album, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzboy View Post
          Poor ol' mort's prolly been knocked out by a large falling frozen iguana.

Comment

I heard that too. We don’t have iguanas this far north but we do have monkeys

Comment

I was gonna do a "catch, kill, clean, cook" thing with an Iguana but they are kinda mean.

Comment

Originally posted by mort View Post
                Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr NutJob View Post
                  I was gonna do a "catch, kill, clean, cook" thing with an Iguana but they are kinda mean.

The only reptile I've eaten is rattlesnake. It tasted like the seasonings used while cooking it. Texture was similar to fish. It was kind of mean, which is why we had to kill it. We killed 3-4 rattlers over 2 years, and transported over a dozen away from the work site w/o damage. They're pretty sluggish when cold. The ones we killed refused to go away or be peaceably transported.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post

Really?
                    This was the first thing that popped up on google. It may be overstating the havoc they have reeked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....n-florida/amp/

Comment

Whoa!

Feral hogs & Asian doves are the biggest issue here, regarding non-native species. Monkeys wouldn't do well here, thank goodness.

Comment

They should allow hunters to solve that problem or do monkeys have some kind of rights now?!

Comment

monkeys in florida? no shit?

Comment

This was the first thing that popped up on google. It may be overstating the havoc they have reeked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....n-florida/amp/

"The virus can be deadly for humans. The threat became a real one in November, when a monkey infected a Japanese scientist with herpes-B, putting the lab worker in critical condition."

Sex with a herpes-infected monkey is never a good idea.

Even if it's in the name of science.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzboy View Post

Sex with a herpes-infected monkey is never a good idea.

Even if it's in the name of science.
                              Yeah, but did you see the monkey ?

Comment

Working...
                              X