No announcement yet.

Mooger asked me the other day "what's your deal with Jackson Browne?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit that I’ve liked Jackson Browne a great deal over the years. His first 5 or so releases are just terrific.
    ...he’s lived a very interesting life, somewhat charmed besides the deep pains that can befall a soul.

his first was fantastic, “my opening farewell”, “song for Adam” etc....I kind of checked out on him after Hold Out.

Comment

Originally posted by HumBuzzingStatic View Post

I didn’t know that, but it does sound like something Jackson Browne would write
      Yeah, Jackson and Glenn Frey are the co-writers of that song. Jackson's version was also released the next year on his second album For Everyman but it didn't even chart as did The Eagles version which went to #12 on the top 100 Billboard charts and launched their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post

Yeah, Jackson and Glenn Frey are the co-writers of that song. Jackson's version was also released the next year on his second album For Everyman but it didn't even chart as did The Eagles version which went to #12 on the top 100 Billboard charts and launched their career.

Interesting takes on that song, I never heard those before.

Comment

I’ve always liked Jackson Browne’s voice.

Comment

Here's another one of Jackson's songs that I can personally identify with and maybe you can too...with some friends on background vocals and guitar:

Comment

Running on SMPTE

Comment

I think that was commendable of Jackson with the album Running On Empty to basically tell people to stop listening to his music because he was out of material...then inexplicably...he kept releasing albums.

Maybe they killed him and replaced him with a clone?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post
                  Here's another one of Jackson's songs that I can personally identify with and maybe you can too...with some friends on background vocals and guitar:

Good song.

Comment

I recognized Browne but who the fuck were those other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by mooger View Post
                      Hangers On.

Comment

Originally posted by HumBuzzingStatic View Post

Hangers On.
                        they acted like the people were there to see them or something

Comment

they acted like the people were there to see them or something

Comment

Two unknowns, Crosby and Nash sang background vocals on the song when it was recorded in 1976. So 33 years prior to that performance.

Comment

Nosby & Crash

Comment

He's a great songwriter and vocalist, to be sure. A friend of mine knew him really well. Although she loved him like a brother, she said he's rather grim and completely humorless. I guess dealing with a lot of loss can do that to you.

OTOH, I think if you lose the ability to laugh and get some joy out of life, you've lost more than you'll ever know.

Comment

Working...
                                X