No announcement yet.

Mooger asked me the other day "what's your deal with Jackson Browne?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a favorite back in the day but doesn't do it for me "these days" ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200121_204058062.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	268290

Comment

Originally posted by Puddin Tane View Post

I believe he has been running on empty for about 50 years.

fixd

Comment

I don't have an opinion on Jaclson Brown.

Comment

He's great.

Comment

Originally posted by EdBega View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200121_204058062.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	268290
            This is probably the only album I really got into of his. And mostly, the title tune.

Comment

I also liked Out on the Boulevard or w/e it's called.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200121_204058062.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	268290
                My understanding is that, on Nothing but time", the bass drum used (on the bus) was a cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by pigger View Post

My understanding is that, on Nothing but time", the bass drum used (on the bus) was a cardboard box.
                  I believe it was.

Comment

Who has and 8 track tape player these days?

Comment

And just to clarify I really like the early Jackson Browne, first 5 albums Late For The Sky being the peak.

Running On Empty was a self described album and I think Jackson knew that.

The end of an era.

The rest of it is negligible or unlistenable...or unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddin Tane View Post
                        Who has and 8 track tape player these days?

I like to take a ride in my Cutlass Olds with my 8 track and get to the place where the road and the sky collide...

Comment

I like to take a ride in my Cutlass Olds with my 8 track and get to the place where the road and the sky collide...
                          My first car was an Olds Cutlass S, 1969 4-spd posi 350-cube 310 hp. I live where the road and sky collide.

Comment

• EdBega
                            EdBega commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When I get there throw me over the edge and let spirit fly ...

I mostly got into Jackson Browne because Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt would do his songs.

Comment

Originally posted by HumBuzzingStatic View Post
                            I mostly got into Jackson Browne because Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt would do his songs.
                            Yeah, he's a great songwriter. One of my favorites. You probably know he co-wrote the Eagles first single which was a big hit Take It Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post

Yeah, he's a great songwriter. One of my favorites. You probably know he co-wrote the Eagles first single which was a big hit Take It Easy.

I didn’t know that, but it does sound like something Jackson Browne would write

Comment

Working...
                              X