The pickup system on my Fender Paramount guitar sounds phenomenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pickup system on my Fender Paramount guitar sounds phenomenal

It sounds decent acoustic, plays and frets almost perfectly but this pickup system is one of the best I've ever heard. I was just reading about it. The pre-amp is equalized for each model guitar in that line. And I'm just playing it through my liddle 15 watt Fender Passport mini amp. I imagine playing it through an acoustic amp or PA or direct in for recording it's going to sound even better. That guitar is worth buying just for the pickup system. Srsly, the only acoustic guitar pickup system I've ever heard that sounded better than this was on a high dollar Takamine guitar.

https://www.fender.com/articles/tech...fishman-preamp

But the guitar is not for everyone I suppose because of the short scale, but I love it. Does sound a little tubby in the bass at the moment with the stock D'addario phosphor bronze strings but I'm hoping switching to a set of Medium/Light Elixir Polyweb strings will over-come that. The other reason to use Elixir strings is the coating kills finger squeaks and makes slides up and down the fretboard much easier. But this is a real guitar not a toy like the Taylor Baby or the little Martin guitars. More like a parlor guitar than a travel guitar IMO. Doesn't have that "boxy" tone like those guitars do. And beats the hell out of them in quality. All solid wood, bone nut and saddle, ebony bridge pins, beautiful side and neck binding, premium pickup system, and hardshell case included.

These guitars are now discontinued. They originally sold for $600.00 retail and there are still a lot of places trying to sell them in that price range, but Musician's Friend still has 20 or 30 of them and has them marked down to $263.00. And if you look at their list on this link they list them as open box and "blemished", but that's bullshit, there's no way they have that many "blemished" guitars in stock they're just trying to get rid of them because they are a discontinued model.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...guitar&index=1

Link down

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
      Link down
      There's been something weird about that link since I started looking at that guitar on their site. Might be why they have so many left and most places are sold out.

If anyone wants to see it just go to Musician's Friend then search for "Fender Paramount Travel Guitar". Click on the pic on the left.

Comment

I think you just redefine "phenomenal"

Fender should stop making acoutsic guitars immediately.

However, for the coin and the cost of a 200 dollar 15 watt toy amp that should be ok for bars, dives and other places people don't care about phenomenal.

Comment

link works for me

I installed the Fishman MATRIXinfinity system in my D28. its sounds great too.

Comment

Originally posted by mooger View Post
            link works for me

I installed the Fishman MATRIXinfinity system in my D28. its sounds great too.
            That's a very nice guitar and pick up system. If it's the one with the internal mic you can blend all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddin Tane View Post
              I think you just redefine "phenomenal"

Fender should stop making acoutsic guitars immediately.

However, for the coin and the cost of a 200 dollar 15 watt toy amp that should be ok for bars, dives and other places people don't care about phenomenal.

Have you ever played one of the Paramount guitars? No you haven't, stfu, so how would you know anything about them?

And it's acoustic, not acoutsic got spell check over there?

Pudding Tane aka Mikeo is a guitar snob with limited playing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygs Malone View Post

Have you ever played one of the Paramount guitars? No you haven't, stfu, so how would you know anything about them?

And it's acoustic, not acoutsic got spell check over there?

Pudding Tane aka Mikeo is a guitar snob with limited playing ability.

No need to play a 3rd rate Fender acoustic instrument bad in China to tell you again Fender should stop making acoustic immediately.
                Wrong again on all counts.

Too funny.

Comment

I can't stand the Elixir strings. Something fundamentally wrong with coating a string in plastic.

Check out the K&K pickups for acoustic instruments. They are top-notch stuff.

Comment

Comment

No need to play a 3rd rate Fender acoustic instrument bad in China to tell you again Fender should stop making acoustic immediately.
                      Wrong again on all counts.

Too funny.

Got any clips we can hear of you playing your "primo" guitars? Well no, never mind.

Comment

Got any clips we can hear of you playing your "primo" guitars? Well no, never mind.
                        All I have for guitars these days is a Gibson J 200 and a Gibson Les Paul from 68 that was given to me.

Comment

All I have for guitars these days is a Gibson J 200 and a Gibson Les Paul from 68 that was given to me.
                          Well no, I think you have a room full of guitars that you're not very good at playing, thus no clips.

Comment

Well no, I think you have a room full of guitars that you're not very good at playing, thus no clips.
                            Nice try.
                            just 2

Comment

Originally posted by Laika View Post
                              I can't stand the Elixir strings. Something fundamentally wrong with coating a string in plastic.

Stops finger squeaks on the strings, makes slides up and down the neck much easier... for starters. Oh yeah, and they sound good a lot longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X