Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Kurds have FOUGHT WITH US for 15+ years. They are our allies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can be against our protracted wars in the Middle East and still recognize that stepping out of the way for the Turks to slaughter the Kurds isn't the right thing to do. They have long been abused as an ethnic minority and took the opportunity of the US moving in as a chance to side with a better future.

Once they stepped out and picked their horse, it was pretty much guaranteed that they would be slaughtered if we were not successful in changing regimes/policies toward them before pulling out. We did the same thing to them in northern Iraq. We owe them for their courage and loyalty. It would have been better to convince them to stay neutral during this whole mess if we didn't intend to back them up.
    Last edited by ichthyophile; 10-09-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

It’ll take a Democrat President in the next election to attempt to restore the US’s reputation around the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by FUX View Post

I hope you flip your Miata and break your neck.
        I didn't even get the chance to put the sticky street rubber on it this summer.

I'll drive it a lot more after I retire in 10 weeks.

Comment

if 30 million kurds can't hold their ground, they suck.

Comment

FUX’s righteous anger is well placed in this instance. This decision by Trump is a grievous mistake and a lot of people are going to pay for it. Isis Al Qaida. And the Taliban will all make mileage out of this

Comment

We aren't very good at extricating ourselves from wars. This is good practice for us. It probably isn't going to be pretty or make us popular but it's a skill we need to learn.

Shit tends not to get done in this country unless someone rams it through, like Obamacare.
              Last edited by Locquacious; 10-09-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                FUX’s righteous anger is well placed in this instance. This decision by Trump is a grievous mistake and a lot of people are going to pay for it. Isis Al Qaida. And the Taliban will all make mileage out of this
                That was to be an in and out action, not nation building.

Comment

What's a few hundred thousand lives when there's an impeachment to overshadow?

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
                    What's a few hundred thousand lives when there's an impeachment to overshadow?
                    here's this dickhead repeating an already posted stupid comparison.

dude, you are really fucking dumb.

Comment

There is no way to defend turning our backs on them overnight, to be slaughtered by Turkey.

I fucking hate you fucking right wing motherfuckers to my core.

It's not even a fun type of forum spat. I hope you all lose a limb.

Being angry at people on a forum is not worth putting yourself at risk for a stroke or heart attack. We would all do well to temper our outrage for the sake of personal health.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15965009_1479132466.4463.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	195076

Comment

Originally posted by HumBuzzingStatic View Post
                        It’ll take a Democrat President in the next election to attempt to restore the US’s reputation around the globe.

Comment

How we treat our allies is very important for reasons obvious to anyone with a fucking brain. This has damage our reputation even further than it had been over the past few years. What possible reason would any of our allies have to trust us?

I suppose putting up a few Trump towers would be a good start.

Comment

How we treat our allies is very important for reasons obvious to anyone with a fucking brain. This has damage our reputation even further than it had been over the past few years. What possible reason would any of our allies have to trust us?

I suppose putting up a few Trump towers would be a good start.
                            LOL until a day ago, you didn't even know we had troops there. stfu.

Comment

Originally posted by Figgy Daddy View Post

LOL until a day ago, you didn't even know we had troops there. stfu.
                              I hate you the most.

Comment

Our longtime ALLIES, people who fought beside our troops are being killed RIGHT NOW because of this reckless action.

Fuck you.
                                The Kurds are not being attacked (yet). Turkey is bombing civilian areas in Northern Syria, which is just as bad.

If you have a link showing they are being killed right now, please share it.

Comment

Working...
                                X