So i’ve been looking @ the PBS docuseries about Country Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumBuzzingStatic View Post

I grew up in Virginia in the era of Okie from Muskogee. Brown hippies weren’t very popular with the redneck types.

Comment

Originally posted by slot snook seeker View Post
      A solid song, is a solid song.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

A solid song, is a solid song.

Still, that's a match made in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

Still, that's a match made in hell.
          All depends in your version of Hell I suppose. I would not want the Dreadful Dead on my hell jukebox. which probably insures me it'll be on the eternal playlist.....If there is such a place.

Comment

All depends in your version of Hell I suppose. I would not want the Dreadful Dead on my hell jukebox. which probably insures me it'll be on the eternal playlist.....If there is such a place.

I think they definitely play Beach Boys music in hell (but no Pet Sounds, Holland or Surf's Up).

Comment

Some San Francisco band had an answer to that song called Hippie from Olima, I can’t find it on youtube, tho. They used to play it on WHFS in the early ‘70s. I can’t remember the name of the band that did it, tho.

Comment

Some San Francisco band had an answer to that song called Hippie from Olima, I can’t find it on youtube, tho. They used to play it on WHFS in the early ‘70s. I can’t remember the name of the band that did it, tho.
                Probably a reason for that HBS.
                Merle was a dope smokin', generally cool dude. I think his tongue was in his cheek, and his eye on a payday when he recorded that song anyway.

It's a solid song.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Bulldog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He was embarrassed by it later

It was the Youngbloods, "Hippie From Olema."

And did you live in D.C. or Maryland? WHFS was a station I used to listen to in D.C.

Comment

Bet me $5,000 and I'll gladly prove it to you, Tubbs.
                  Good luck.

Fat fuck doesnt have a dime to his name.

Comment

Bet me $5,000 and I'll gladly prove it to you, Tubbs.
                    tell me a bit about the evidence you'd produce. Would it be photographic, like this pic of Eric Clapton meeting me for lunch last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post

Good luck.

Fat fuck doesnt have a dime to his name.
                      Oh look, it's hammer time. Sleep well last night? Hay, how's your trigger happy neighbor doing?

Comment

Jose Belindo
                        Jose Belindo5 years ago
                        the dead are sloppy and their guitars are out of tune Ray Mensing a builder from California that knows the dead said "when you go to a dead concert be prepared to party " he said "their guitars are always on because they have special speakers " I don't like the morons on drugs that follow the dead

^

Comment

It was the Youngbloods, "Hippie From Olema."

And did you live in D.C. or Maryland? WHFS was a station I used to listen to in D.C.
                          I was in Penn Daw, Virginia, my musical tastes were developed by WHFS from Bethesda, Maryland. I think Crusty used to listen to it, too. Penn Daw was close to Alexandria, Va.

Comment

Probably a reason for that HBS.
                            Merle was a dope smokin', generally cool dude. I think his tongue was in his cheek, and his eye on a payday when he recorded that song anyway.

It's a solid song.
                            Yeah, Merle got turned on to weed by Willie Nelson, and smoked up until the day he died, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brave Ulysses View Post

tell me a bit about the evidence you'd produce. Would it be photographic, like this pic of Eric Clapton meeting me for lunch last weekend?

Buttsy has no evidence. And even in the 5% possibility he paid Chuck Berry to interview him for his sewing club's weekly newsletter or something, Buttsy isn't going to dox himself. He might as well bet you $500,000.

Comment

Working...
                              X